Imagine your event at Liberty Hall Historic Site…
Liberty Hall Historic Site offers its grounds for private rentals, including wedding ceremonies and receptions, rehearsal dinners, and other special events. The garden is available for rental the second Saturday of May (weekend after Derby Day) through the second Saturday of October. Liberty Hall Historic Site events have preference when scheduling use of the grounds.
The Liberty Hall Garden is 4+ acres of lawns, informal gardens, and formal planting beds, along with the Liberty Hall back porch. The garden can be rented Monday-Sunday, during a mutually agreed upon six-hour window, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. The garden has a maximum capacity of 250 people, but only 20 people may be on the porch at any time. New Rental Rate (effective August 1, 2018): $1,000 (includes bathrooms & 100 white folding chairs), each additional hour beyond the six hour window: $175.
The Orlando Brown House Porch and Patio covers approximately 1,400 square feet behind the Orlando Brown House. It includes the use of the first level of the covered porch, the 900 square foot brick patio, and some grass space. The porch and patio can be rented Monday-Saturday, 9 a.m.- 9 p.m. The space has a maximum capacity of 100, but only 20 may be on the porch at any time. New Rental Rate (effective August 1, 2018): $300 (includes handicapped-accessible bathroom & 100 white folding chairs). Each additional hour beyond the six-hour window: $175.
Additional rental add-ons available include:
- Bar service: $450 for groups over 75 (includes 2 bar staff; minimum 4 hours); $225 for groups 75 and under (1 bar staff; minimum 4 hours). Liberty Hall Historic Site maintains a liquor license and no outside alcoholic beverages may be brought onto the property and consumed. Parties wishing to have alcohol at their event must go through Liberty Hall.
- Alcoholic Beverages: Wine: $17/bottle; Beer: $23-$35/case; Spirits: TBD
- Open House Tour of Liberty Hall: $200 for one hour. Renters can choose to have the ground floor of Liberty Hall open for their guests to enjoy for a maximum of one hour during their event. Tour guides will be present in the house during the agreed upon window of time. No food, drink, decoration, or any other outside materials may be brought into Liberty Hall by the renter.
Damage Deposit & Caretaker/Security Fee:
- $500 damage deposit, returned to the renter in the event that no damage occurs to the propertry during their event.
- $100 caretaker/security fee to cover on-site staffing during the event
Discount on Professional Photography:Hilly Photography offers special discounts to clients renting the Liberty Hall gardens. If you are interested, we can put you in touch with them to provide you with professional photography services.
Liberty Hall Historic Site does not have an authorized list of wedding vendors, but can provide you with information on local businesses who offer wedding services. Amplified music is allowed, but must be turned off at 9 p.m. because the site is located on a residential block.
Events must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance.