There are many opportunities for individuals, businesses or corporations to support Liberty Hall Historic Site. Support general operations or donate to a specific cause, such as the gardens or building restoration. In addition, many of our programs and events such as the Old-Fashioned Fourth of July and Ghosts in the Garden would not be possible without corporate sponsorship. Consider partnering with us in exchange for increasing your business' profile! Email our Executive Director for more information about sponsoring an event.
Ways to Give
- Help preserve books and documents through the Liberty Hall Library & Archives
- Honor a loved one with a flower in the Mothers' Garden
- Join the Kroger Community Rewards program and designate "NSCDA in Kentucky" as your charity. Then shop with your card and we will receive donations based on your shopping.
The Catalpa Legacy Society
The Catalpa Legacy Society takes inspiration from the three Catalpa trees that dot the Liberty Hall Historic Site's grounds. The first was planted around 1800, the second was planted around 1900, and finally the last one was planted in 2000. These three magnificent trees and the stately homes they frame have required nuturing, pruning and careful preservation. In the same manner, it has been the mission of the NSCDA-KY to maintain these structures, collections and elegrant grounds which comprise Liberty Hall Historic Site (LHHS). Planned giving provides a future for LHHS.
- Consider making a bequest in your will. Your attorney can help you design an estate plan that protects your family, preserves your property, and benefits LHHS.
- Make a significant gift to support NSCDA-KY and/or LHHS while retaining the income your investments provide by considering a life income gift.
- Examples of special life income gifts: Charitable Gift Annuities; The Pooled Income Fund; Charitable Remainder Trusts; Charitable Lead Trusts; and Your Residence and Life Income Gifts. Your attorney or financial advisor can provide more information on these.
- Benefits of a life income gift (depending on which one you choose) can provide: retained income for your life and if desired, for the life or your spouse or other beneficiary; a current charitable income tax deduction; avoidance of capital gains tax; an increased rate of return on highly appreciated, low yielding investments; professional investment management and diversification; exclusion of the gift amound from your taxable estate; and satisfaction of making a significant gift to ensure the legacy of NSCDA-KY and LHHS.
LHHS does not provide legal or tax advice but we can work with you or your attorney, and financial planners.